Wednesday, April 16, 2008

They're NOT Scars! They Are My Battle Wounds

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Current mood: At peace with myself

Being a Breast Cancer Survivor can be a difficult title to wear. Sometimes I feel very proud and other times I feel very ashamed.

The most difficult thing for me, is something I have to do daily. Taking a shower and looking at my scars is an emotional nightmare. I look at myself and wonder how am I ever going to share this with someone else. Being single and dating sucks all by itself but adding breast cancer can really suck!

I heard someone say once, that they look at their scars as battle wounds. WOW! What a great thing. I think that’s what I’m going to do….

I am a Cancer Warrior fighting my battle. And Yes! I have battle wounds.

Sure I may have two fake boobs and one major scar from hip to hip that goes across my stomach from the reconstruction. But NO!, they are not scars they are my battle wounds!

I call my port my life line. Sure I get poison through this port, but without it I wouldn’t be here, that’s what makes it my life line.

Life is what you make it and staying positive is key and sometimes putting a positive spin on a difficult situation is the way to go……

I am fighting the cancer war and sure I have battle wounds, but most importantly I am going to win! After all I am a survivor!

No comments: