Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dream Big!




Thursday, May 22,2008

Current mood: Excited!

I am so excited that David Cook won American Idol! The video is of him singing one his songs at the finale. It's called Dream Big. I think the song is very appropriate for him and where he is in his life.

But that message needs to be passed around and EVERYONE needs to Dream Big. We all need to chase our dreams. I learned that this past year after fighting cancer. Every day is precious and we have to embrace every opportunity and chase those dreams and make them reality!

My mom once gave me a saying and it's framed and sits on my end table in my living room. It reads:

The Voice of Adventure

There is a rawness and a wonder to life. Pursue it. Hunt for it. Sell out to get it. Don't listen to the whines of those who have settled for a second rate life and want you to do the same so they won't feel guilty. Your goal is not to live long; it's to live. Jesus says the options are clear. On one side there is the voice of safety. You can build a fire in the hearth, stay inside, and stay warm and dry and safe...Or you can hear the voice of adventure, God's Adventure. Instead of building a fire in your hearth, build a fire in your heart. Follow God's impulses. Adopt a child. Move overseas. Teach the class. Change careers. Run for office. Make a difference. Sure it isn't safe, but what is?

Right now I'm chasing my dream. Anyone who knows me, knows I love NYC and after fighting cancer last year I said, you know what?, I'm going to chase my dream! So I started applying for jobs in NYC and after June 4th (I go for a 2nd interview) my dream may be my reality. Keep your fingers crossed for me...

So Dream BIG! and chase your dream and make it your reality!

No comments: