Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Results Are In...


Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Current mood: Relieved

Well I just got my pathology report back yesterday from my colposcopy and everything came back benign. What a relief, for the lack of a better word! The doctor doesn’t know what caused my abnormal cells. They think it is probably caused by the chemo. Damn chemo!

I also had to have an ultrasound of my ovaries. Now that was quite an experience. Here I am sitting in the waiting room, full of women who are all happy and excited to have their ultrasounds. Of course they’re happy, they’re pregnant. And here I am scared shitless, praying there is nothing wrong with my ovaries and I'm not having a recurrence of my cancer.

The ultrasound was shall we say, invasive. I know I have mentioned this before, but I am so sick of being pocked and prodded. Well the results came back OK. My doctor did find an area on my left ovary that is a “spot” of interest. She’s not sure what it is, but she wants to do another ultrasound in two months, just to make sure that it doesn’t get any bigger.

I’m happy, I’ll take those results! I can handle another ultrasound in two months and another Pap test in four months. I guess this is the life of a cancer survivor…

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm leaving a comment to let you know that I have been reading your blog since December and I pray for you daily.

I will be praying for your peace through this Mothers Day week.


I just wanted you to know that you probably have so many more people praying for you than you could even imagine. I know our God loves you SO much and wants you to know that.

Breast Cancer Survivor! said...

thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I can't believe you have been reading it since Dec...WOW! Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.